Amazon Fire TV DNS Setup for Smart DNS Proxy
Following Amazon Fire TV DNS setup instructions is only needed one time for Smart DNS Proxy. Once you finish the initial setup you won't be needing to take the same steps anytime. Your connection will work automatically *anytime! (as long as your IP is in our database - please read info at the end of this instructions for later)
--- --- ---
If you are planning to use Amazon Fire TV we recommend you to configure your router. Please find router configuration details in our How to Setup page. With router setup all your devices in the network connected to your router gets access to Smart DNS Proxy. So you won't need to make manual configuration for each device.
* If you don't have access to the router you are connected, or if you only want your Amazon Fire TV to access Smart DNS Proxy, please find Smart DNS Proxy setup instructions for Amazon Fire TV below at -- Change The DNS On Your Fire TV section.
-- Find Your Router IP Address (This is for Router Setup)
1. Open up the program command prompt
2. Type “ipconfig” without the quotes and press enter
3. The IP address from default gateway is most likely the IP address of your router
1. Open System Preferences
2. Go to Network
3. Click Advanced
4. Go to TCP/IP – here you will see the routers IP
-- Change The DNS On Your Fire TV (Only to setup your Fire TV)
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Network
3. Select WI-FI
4. Select your WI-FI network and forget WI-FI network by Pressing the button with 3 lines on it.
5. Press the select button.
6. Select your WI-FI network.
7. Enter your WI-FI password and Click on advanced
8. Enter the first three groups of numbers exactly the same as the IP address of your router. As an example, if your router IP is 192.168.0.1, then use the IP address 192.168.0.70.
9. For the Default gateway enter the IP of your router
10. Input 24 for the Network Prefix Length and Click Next
Enter our DNS server IPs to DNS1 and DNS 2 options. Select the closest DNS server to your physical location for DNS1 and select the 2nd closest DNS server to your physical location for DNS2.
Now you are all set!
Make sure you have a 1-click US address in your Amazon Account. Also on Amazon.com go to Your Account > Manage Your Content and Devices > Country Settings and set country to United States.
Make sure to RESTART your Amazon Fire TV!
* Remember whenever your Fire TV/Router IP changes, our service will stop working for you. You will need to LOG INTO Smart DNS Proxy and UPDATE your IP address so that our system could check your IP address and add your new IP to our database. Then, you will be able to continue using our service. You can take this step from any pc connected to your modem/router. If this is the first time you set up, we also suggest you to log in with your PC to our site from the same Wired/Wireless network to show our system your IP address.